Dr Culverwell graduated in medicine at University of Leeds where he also attained a first class honours degree in Anatomy. He worked in mixed medical and surgical training posts around Yorkshire and commenced specialist radiology training in 2007, gaining Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, London in 2012.
Dr Culverwell undertook a one-year fellowship training programme in Bradford specialising in abdominal imaging and non-vascular interventional radiology.
He was appointed as a Consultant Radiologist in Harrogate in 2012.
Dr Culverwell is the lead radiologist for gastrointestinal imaging in Harrogate Hospital. He is also leads the imaging service for patients with gastrointestinal cancers including: hepato-biliary, pancreatic, colorectal and upper GI conditions. In this specialist role he leads the associated multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTMs).
Other interests include imaging of chronic abdominal pain and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Cross sectional CT and body MRI scans
- Dynamic liver and pancreatic MRI.
- Small bowel imaging : enterography / MRI, fluoroscopy and ultrasound
- Peri-anal / fistula MRI
- Brain and Spine MRI / CT
- CT virtual colonoscopy
- Fluoroscopy including Barium studies
- Abdominal and urological ultrasound
- Small bowel ultrasound
- Ureteric stenting
- Biliary intervention, stenting and draining
- Colonic, gastro-duodenal and oesophageal stenting
- Fluoroscopic injections